Safety Tips: What to Buy and Include in Your First Aid Kit?
One of the most important items you should always carry with you when camping is a first aid kit. A well equipped first aid kit can make a big difference in case of an emergency and at Denver Tent we want to provide you with a list of what the Red Cross recommends to include in all of them:
- 2 absorbent compress dressings (5 x 9 inches)
- 25 adhesive bandages (assorted sizes)
- 1 adhesive cloth tape (10 yards x 1 inch)
- 5 antibiotic ointment packets (approximately 1 gram)
- 5 antiseptic wipe packets
- 2 packets of aspirin (81 mg each)
- 1 blanket (space blanket)
- 1 breathing barrier (with one-way valve)
- 1 instant cold compress
- 2 pair of nonlatex gloves (size: large)
- 2 hydrocortisone ointment packets (approximately 1 gram each)
- 1 roller bandage (3 inches wide)
- 1 roller bandage (4 inches wide)
- 5 sterile gauze pads (3 x 3 inches)
- 5 sterile gauze pads (4 x 4 inches)
- Oral thermometer (non-mercury/nonglass)
- 2 triangular bandages
- First aid instruction booklet
At Denver Tent we have many years of outdoors experience and we put your safety always first, that is why we always take a first aid kit wherever we go to. We highly recommend you to have your own first aid kit when going camping in your Denver tent.
Denver Tent Company Has The Best Tents In The Industry
At Denver Tent Company our goal is to provide top of the line canvas wall tents and sportsmen tents for all outdoor adventurers. Whether you are a working rancher spending nights on the range in our Range Tent or a hobby camper looking for a spacious, luxurious tent for the whole family like our Lodge Tent, the Denver Tent Company tents are the best in the industry. We’ve spent over a century perfecting our tents and we are proud to have a product that is Made in America. In fact, our tents are constructed right here in Denver, Colorado.