Where To Fish in Colorado
Fishing in the Rocky Mountains, Colorado
One of the sports enjoyed in the Rocky Mountains is fishing in the countless lakes and rivers.
To enjoy fishing, even more, you can plan to camp near a river or lake where you can fish and observe the surrounding nature.
- The national forests of Arapaho and Roosevelt have a large number of rivers, lakes, and streams for fishing.
- Cache La Poudre River and the Big Thompson River are rivers perfect for fishing.
- People over 16 need to get a fishing license, purchased at the Colorado Division of Wildlife. Here you can also get a fishing guide.
- Colorado residents only require identification.
Best fishing sites described by the United States Forest Service
1) Cache la Poudre River: This is the only scenic and historic river in Colorado. There are many fishing places, picnic areas, camping areas, and recreational areas.
2) Chambers Lake: Located in a pine forest 60 miles north-west of Fort Collins.
3) Big Thompson River: This river runs along National Highway 36. It starts in the Rocky Mountain National Park and continues east through Estes Park, Glenhaven, Drake, and south of Loveland and Greeley until you reach the South Platte River.
4) Bellaire Lake: Found in the Red Feather Lakes area.
If you want to fish with children, family, or beginners, these are some unique places according to “Visit Colorado.”
1) Chipeta Lake State Wildlife Area, in Montrose
2) Bear Creek Lake Park, in Lakewood
3) Mont Evans, in Idaho Springs
4) Rocky Mountain National Park, in Estes Park
Fishing and camping with the highest-quality tents
The Colorado Lodge Tent, uniquely designed for luxury and comfort with the revolutionary WeatherMAX® fabric in mind. The Colorado Lodge Tent has been field-tested under diverse conditions and has outperformed our wildest expectations. The key to The Colorado Lodge Tent’s success is the WeatherMAX® fabric. Over a century of tent making experience has gone into The Colorado Lodge Tent construction. We’ve taken the best of the traditional canvas tents’ manufacturing techniques and combined them with state-of-the-art materials. This winning combination gives you the ideal outpost experience that you’ve been looking for all these years. We’re still avid fans of our traditional canvas products, but if you’re serious about outdoor adventure, this tent is guaranteed to outperform any other tent on the market.