In many parts of the USA, forest fires are a big issue. There are many reasons, but one of them is that the temperatures rise and there is no rain. This is a natural occurrence, but human mistakes and negligence are sometimes the cause of several of the forest fires.
The best way to help is integrating fire prevention awareness into the parks, especially during warmer months. It is important to raise awareness about the implications of a forest fire, so visitors should know prevention rules. For example, having informative brochures that explain wildfire prevention in nature and the forest, and placing informative signs at parks are some of the many ways we can help.
Prevent Forest Fires in Your Camp
Here we will share with you some basic tips to avoid forest fires and be safe in your campground. The most important thing is to take precautions and not be exposed to dangerous situations.
We must not forget that it is our duty to take care of the environment and leave the places we visit better than we found them, trying to generate as little impact as possible.
- The first thing to consider is that, although we want to have some shade on our tents, we should not set them too close to trees and vegetation, since that distance will protect us from a possible fire.
- Second, we should not install our kitchens near trees or shrubs, because the wind can blow and bring a small flame to a flammable object.
- Third, we must remember that we can never throw matches on the ground, as they can be poorly extinguished and thus give rise to a fire.
- If you build campfires, you must do it in clear areas, keep drums of water nearby in case of emergency and extinguish them completely before leaving the place.
- Ideally, fires should be made with extreme caution and turned extinguished with plenty of water, to avoid any possible chances.
- We must always maintain trails and clear evacuation zones, making it clear which are the safest areas in case of an emergency.
Denver Tent Company
Premier Tent and Outdoor Products Resource in the Industry
We offer exceptional quality, trusted advisory and unparalleled customer service at competitive pricing for our customers that will create for them safe shelter and wonderful outdoor events and a lifetime of great memories.