Celebrate Thanksgiving in a Unique Way
Go camping during the Thanksgiving holidays!
For Thanksgiving holidays, you can go camping, enjoy these days outdoors, and prepare an exquisite Thanksgiving dinner.
Hot Sulfur Springs is a special place to camp, two hours from Denver Colorado!
- It is located in a canyon that borders the Rocky Mountain National Park and Arapaho National Park.
- It offers a beautiful place for the camper, with steep rocks that rise above the Colorado River.
- Near Hot Sulfur Springs, there are many places to build a camp, whether it is a mobile home, a tent, or a backpacking camper. Here, you can enjoy the thermal mineral waters that flow at the end of the day after the activities that are carried out, or at any time of the day.
- A few minutes away from Hot Sulfur Springs, you will find several sections of the Arapaho and Rosevelt National Forest.
- One of the closest sites is 15 miles away at Willow Creek Reservoir, a recently refurbished campsite and the only one near the reservoir.
- Tents and mobile homes up to 25 feet are allowed on this site, and there are no electrical connections.
- At the dam, you can enjoy fishing or watch wild animals that reach the shore of the lake.
- A fishing license from the Colorado Division of Wildlife is required.
- For camping and daily use in Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forest, it requires a pass.
- The pass can be picked up at Sulfur Ranger District Office in Granby.
- Tourist stays are limited to one or two weeks, and there are limitations in terms of the number of people and mobile homes.
- The busiest months are July and August, and reservations needed. In the following months, and as winter approaches, the number of people decreases.
Contact Denver’s premier tent manufacturer of canvas tents, wall tents, and any custom tent needed.