Adventurer? Try Hiking in Winter
Essential equipment for hiking in the snow
One of the best and healthiest activities you can do in the winter is to hike in the mountains.
When winter hiking in the mountains, you must take into account that the snow covers the trails, rocks, and the prairies. You must be aware that the winter paths entail some risks and difficulties. Walking on the snow has some risks. You can slip on ice slopes where there are extremely low temperatures, causing hypothermia. It is difficult to control all the factors, and an unforeseen event can put you in difficulty. Winter hiking, on snow, can also be a rewarding activity. Although if the snow is deep, snowshoes are required to walk. Another critical piece of equipment is an ice ax or crampons.
Equipment necessary for winter hiking
1) Hiking boots: They must be waterproof and comfortable.
2) Clothing for snow or extreme cold: You must wear several layers of clothing; this is called the “3-layer principle.” It allows you to take off or put on clothes, depending on the weather. Also, between the layers of clothes, hot airbags are created. The first layer is the t-shirt and thermal pants, the second is the polar fleece layer and the pullovers, and the third or last layer are the two garments in contact with the outside, the jacket, and the pants.
3) Gloves and hat: You must protect your hands and head, which are susceptible, from the cold.
4) Sunglasses: To protect from the sun and the reflection of the snow.
5) Survival kit: Do not forget a thermal blanket due to any unforeseen events.
6) First aid kit: The basics, bandages, iodine for a wound, anti-inflammatory medications.
Add more fun to your adventure: Go camping in the mountains
What sets our Denver Tent apart?
Since 1890, Denver Tent has been at the forefront of manufacturing top quality tents, high-end custom fabrics, and outdoor products. Our team of experienced staff members puts the customer first, showing you that their number one goal is providing you with the highest quality product possible. Contact us!